Sesego Cares Giving Partner of TOMS
Sešego Cares, an independent NPO, is involved in many socially significant community projects particularly those involving vulnerable groups such as orphaned and abandoned children, the elderly and those impacted and affected by disease, violence and abuse.
One of our partners is TOMS in US. We are the country host for TOMS in South Africa. The TOMS shoe giving initiative is complimentary to most of our projects as this provides shoes to children who would most likely drop out of school despite us providing water, better sanitation, desks, stationery and ablution facilities.
TOMS shoes have brought many benefits as listed below:
- Protection from weather elements;
- Protection from poor of lack of proper social services – most streets in and around some of the densely populated areas have rubbish, garbage, poor sanitation and blocked drainage systems;
- Protection from disease;
- Dignity and a sense of pride;
- Versatile shoes that allow the children to use the shoes for school, at home and for some sporting activities;
- Opportunity for children to continue their schooling – shoes form part of school uniforms and some children discontinue their schooling because they cannot afford to buy shoes;
- Restoration of hope to children who are working so hard to come out of the poverty cycle etc.
Sešego Cares will receive a continued supply of shoes which will keep the children motivated to focus on their school activities and not have to worry about not being able to attend school or participate in sporting activities, because they have no shoes. The actual giving of hundreds of thousands of shoes distributed over the past 7 years to various learners in underprivileged schools and homes in South Africa have been our highlight as we have experienced the joy and rekindled hope in the eyes of the beneficiaries.
TOMS are no cost to you.
It is my privilege to extend this offer to schools, volunteers and PBO’s, or you can identify a beneficiary or centre in need. Place your order at Sešego Cares at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com